Hinds Transport History
Hinds Transport Services was founded by Harold Arthur Hinds in 1957 with a 1947 Austin truck he bought and operated from his home in Hindsbury Road, St Michael. Barbados. At that time the truck hauled sugar cane and other dry goods from the port to different parts in Barbados.
The company subsequently added other trucks. As time progressed he moved the operation to another house. In 1962, as the operation expanded he relocated to a three quarter acre site in Christ Church. The company grew larger and got into different operations and again out grew that location. In 1987 we moved to a new four and a half-acre complex at Kendal Hill Christ Church, to accommodate our various operations.
In April of 1998, Hinds Transport Services Ltd. was awarded the prestigious International Transport Award for excellence in transportation, at their annual conference held in Madrid, Spain.